Argyle Earthworks to Resume Shortly

cuban contingent 1  cuban contingent 2  cuban contingent 3

Work on the earthworks component of the Argyle International Airport is expected to resume on Monday February 14th, following the return of the Cuban workers on Wednesday February 9th.
The group of workers many making their first visit to St. Vincent and the Grenadines consist of seven engineers and a doctor, Designers, Researchers, and Equipment Operators among others.

At the end of 2010 the Chatoyer-Che contingent had completed 64.5 percent of the total earthworks, leaving a further 35.5 percent to be completed. According to Consultant Engineer Leonardo “Professor” Perez they hope to complete between 25 to 30 percent of the earthworks in 2011.

Meantime, work on the terminal building and other landside facilities will also commence this year. The contract for the construction of the terminal building has been awarded to Taiwanese firm Overseas Engineering and Construction Company Ltd (OECC).

IADC has decided to do the site works, and construct all internal roads, drainage, and parking areas using resources at its disposal. This means that IADC will at some stage this year enter into contracts with private firms for the construction of the Fire and Rescue Station, Cargo Terminal Building and Control Tower.

The IADC will also this year install a stone crushing plant from which stones will be used in the pavement of the runway. Work on constructing a permanent access to Rawacou/Mt Pleasant is also due to resume this year.

Partnering Agencies

 
icon label

Sitelock Secure

 
icon label